Saturday, June 16, 2012

The technologies continue

Big Blue Button
I watched 2 tutorial videos for Big Blue Button-- one from the teacher perspective and one from the student perspective.  I found both to be very simply explained.  Big Blue Button is pretty much an intensified Blackboard.  I think this technology would be best used for online college classes because of the video, audio, and even desktop enabling applications.  Big Blue Button has very basic features and designs, keeping it appealing and easy to use.




Survey Monkey
Survey Monkey is a free and very easy to use site which allows you to create and monitor a survey.  It's great because you don't need to be very technological advanced-- the simplicity of the site is doable for anyone!  The results of the survey stream in automatically, so you get real time results.  You can create a survey from scratch or choose from the many hundreds of templates Survey Monkey offers.  I remember filling out many Survey Monkey surveys in college for my marketing friends :)




Teacher Tube
Not all students learn best through lectures.  Many are visual learners in which watching videos would be crucial to their learning.  Teacher Tube is an online community for sharing instructional videos.  It's educationally focused, making it a safe place for students to learn from.  It's also free!  I just finished a lesson plan for telling time, but I wish I had used this site before, because I found a great video of children 'teaching' other children on how to tell time!  Super cute and effective!





No comments:

Post a Comment