Saturday, May 26, 2012

Words to live by

I just wanted to share some quotes that I find very inspiring.  


You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.
Clay P. Bedford



A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
Henry B Adams



Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
Plato



The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.
B.B. King



By learning you will teach;
by teaching you will understand.
Latin Proverb



Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.
Anatole France



A master can tell you what he expects of you.
A teacher, though, awakens your own expectations.

Patricia Neal



Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.
Josef Albers


We should not teach children the sciences but give them a taste for them.
Jean Jacques Rousseau


It is not what is poured into a student that counts but what is planted.
Linda Conway


The greatest sign of a success for a teacher...is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist. 
Maria Montessori


Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Benjamin Franklin




and I'll leave you with this one...


A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.
Forest Witcraft



No comments:

Post a Comment